Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago I painted RS-MaxxMudd Retro v.2.1 and my results were "just OK". Too much orange peel and the screen is too sparkley and the whites are washed out.

I blaim the orange peel on the gun. I used a Wagner Flexio 890 and I just couldn't get a smooth surface despite my best efforts. I just ordered an Earlex and a 1mm needle to solve that problem.

I think the screen is too shiney becuase I have absolutely no ambient light coming into my cave/basement... none. My ceiling and my front wall (screeen wall) are dark grey. All walls are dark. I have black cloth accoustic pannels up all around my room. It's DARK.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to offer advice on a better solution. I'm obviously new to this forum but I've spent a lot of time over at AVS. It seems like the folks over here prefer to use a simpler method (grab a certain off the shelf paint and go to town) and that intrigues me. I like simple!

BTW I have a Sony HW40es ceiling mounted, throw is about 14-15' from screen
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks Mechman. So is there an OTS you can recommend? Also, for whatever I buy does AAA need to be added? I'm still working to find out more about BW, is that still a recommended solution nowadays? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoops sorry, I meant to include the screen size in my last response: 120".

285 hours on the lamp.

I'm not sure how to answer the calibration question. That's new to me.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts