Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a paint mix (I'm in the UK), that will work well at night but also well in daylight with blinds up. A white wall isn't cutting it.

What mix should I be looking at?

I got a pot of this paint - Wickes Colour Home Vinyl Matt Emulsion Paint - to test and I've found when compared to the white wall (I only did a small test square), whites look all wrong, they look grey rather than white but I'm unsure whether this is the paint being too dark or is it a perception problem?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They sell an ultra white projector paint that’s high gain which will yield the brightest picture during the day. Gray paint provides better contrast and blacks with cheaper projectors where the white provides brighter colors. Just depends on what you are going for. It took 2 quarts to paint a 120” screen and I provided the link below. Not sure if you can purchase some then since you are in the UK but their customer service was excellent. Be sure to sand to a very smooth service or all the imperfections in your drywall will come out and give you an orange peel effect.

I can’t attach the link because of a forum rules since I don’t post very often. Search for these keywords below.

Projector Screen Paint - High Definition | 4K - Ultra White - Quart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts