Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am trying to solve a problem for a good friend in Windsor, CT. He has a number of DVD's which are PAL and Region 2 (from Germany, I think), and cannot locate a DVD player here which will play these formats.

I read some ads on Amazon where the equipment offered was supposed to play everything, but I also saw customer reviews which said region 2 DVD's did not work on them.

Perhaps some of you have suggestions as to what he should look for, or where?

Thank you!

Starliner

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello!

I am trying to solve a problem for a good friend in Windsor, CT. He has a number of DVD's which are PAL and Region 2 (from Germany, I think), and cannot locate a DVD player here which will play these formats.

I read some ads on Amazon where the equipment offered was supposed to play everything, but I also saw customer reviews which said region 2 DVD's did not work on them.

Perhaps some of you have suggestions as to what he should look for, or where?

Thank you!

Starliner
Hello,
This should do the trick:http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ultra-Co...id=1346611769&sr=1-1&keywords=region+free+dvd
Around $40 and the Reviews seem quite positive.
Cheers,
J

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Great idea, I was going to recommend it but they are way more expensive. Also, I think BB's Insignia DVD Player is Multiregion, but it might be since discontinued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.