Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
OK... I have a question.

I have my 5400-EX and am ecstatic. I wouldn't change a thing. It's set up at the front of the HT. Everything but my PJ plug into it. The PJ is plugged into a Belkin UPS (the thing weights a ton) at the back of the HT. It has surge protection and obviously allows for a slow power down should we lose power, but I doubt it has any kind of power conditioning. From this thread, it seems like one of the biggest gains in conditioning is PQ. Would you recommend getting a conditioner for the PJ? If so, what would you get? I want to keep the UPS for obvious reasons, so what I'm getting at is the PJ will be plugged into the UPS, the UPS would be plugged into the power conditioner and the power conditioner would be plugged into the wall. No other components would be plugged into it. Do you think I should get something or is just having the UPS sufficient?

B

·
0 Posts
As soon as I got everything plugged in I turned it all on and ended up with a ground loop hum that I never had before. I know they commonly come from Cable or Satellite lines but the room I have it in doesn't have Cable. Any suggestions...

61 - 68 of 68 Posts