Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a panasonic ae8000 projector, I currently have the epson 5010 and project on to a 16:9 120" curved fixed elite screen. I know the New panny has a zoom feature where you can configure 2:35 viewing, so I want to get an electric 2:35 elite screen to use for just movies. I was wondering what size I would have to get on the 2:35 screen? I only have about 5 inches to the wall on each side. When you change the aspect can you zoom the screen size? Alittle confused, If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Yes. The aspect is independent if the zoom.

Think if it this way... The film will be shown on any screen in the correct aspect ratio.... If you have a 2.35:1 screen, you simply zoom the image until it fits in your screen... All that is happening is the image is bein made bug enough to fit in the scree and the black bars are moved iff the screen. Then focus and you're good to go.

You should check (in the 8000 manual) and make sure zoom size (meaning, your wanted screen size) and throw distance will work.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I have the AE4000 and love the 2,35:1 auto zoom. what you need to do is set up the zoom and focus as well as the masking top and bottom and save it as a preset. The Panny will then automatically change the aspect when the movie that is 2,35:1 starts. I use a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen that equals a 96" 16x9 (1,85:1) screen.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I just wish there was a way on my 7000 to get rid of the "Processing" message - it can get a little irritating at times.
Agreed, its really annoying during Tron or the latest Batmans for example.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts