Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was pretty good while it lasted. Unfortunately it lived less than 18 months. Been looking for a replacement drive to get this unit up and running again. Only problems is the price. Anyone have a line on a Panasonic VXY2070 replacement drive that costs less than a new Blu-ray player?

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found several places with OEM replacements unfortunately none for less than $118.00 and I'm not willing to spend that much to repair this unit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys, my BD80 started to show some sound level flactuation and pixelization. Are these signs of near death...How can I check that the player is nearling its end??
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well ventilated...started in the last two weeks. Always around the 90 min mark. I tried different DVDs and Blue-Ray discs...Until the 90 min everything seems to be OK. You can imagine mine (and my wife) frustration just about the movie to finish, all the troubles start...May be is really time for replacement?:rolleyesno:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
My guess is that something is getting hot. Do you hear more servo activity than before if you listen closely? A laser getting weak could be the issue as well, but the volume fluctuations along with video sounds like something else. I would pop the top and look for anything obvious like thermal damage or puffy caps. Then run it through a movie and see if it happens with the top off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts