Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, haven't posted in quite a while. I think I am finally ready to step up to a projector. I am thinking of getting a 110" screen. The 2 main projectors I am looking at are Epson's Power Lite 1080UB or the Panasonic PT-AE3000.

The 1080UB is about $2,350 with extra lamp and the AE3000 is $2,500. The AE3000 seems like a better Projector but is it worth the extra money and no lamp?

Also, do 3LCD projectors have the same motion blur issue as normal LCD monitors or TVs? Should I think of DLP instead?

Last, I have 2 SVS 20-39PC-Plus subs and I am thinking of getting 2 more. Would there be a problem with vibration and image shacking with the ceiling mount?

Thanks for your time,
WMD

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Sorry for late reply.
The 1080UB is about $2,350 with extra lamp and the AE3000 is $2,500. The AE3000 seems like a better Projector but is it worth the extra money and no lamp?
I have the UB and it is an excellent projector. The AE3000 should be better than the AE2000 but I have no accurate idea how better. I believe you can find reviews over the net, keep looking.
Also, do 3LCD projectors have the same motion blur issue as normal LCD monitors or TVs? Should I think of DLP instead?
At this price point that is not an issue, forget about that.
Last, I have 2 SVS 20-39PC-Plus subs and I am thinking of getting 2 more. Would there be a problem with vibration and image shacking with the ceiling mount?
I have dual 18" subs capable of 130 db or more... no problem, the screen will slightly vibrate at extreme levels but not enough to be noticeable during movies though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts