Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Check out our DIY Screen forum... it is very extensive and those guys are professionals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my AE2000U running now for a few weeks... Picture looks good but I still need to configure it too (waiting on a friend of mine for disks)... Is there anything else that would help me configure the picture? I still see a little rough edges around lettering and such... Any advice would help this novice...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you are seeing a light whitish edge to images then you may have the sharpness a too high. Sharpness controls are legacy of poor display devices of old whose images were so bad adding something to define edging gave you the ilusion of sharpness.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
This thread is very interesting. I though of bringing it back to the top. It is weird everybody loves this projector and speakin' of it with no single screen shot!!

Come on guys!!!

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Are you going to show us something? ummm... OK! 1$ / screenshot? :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
I wanna see screenshots of the Panasonic PT-AE2000U Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :praying:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Maybe... just maybe I can find time to take some one day over the next couple of weeks. I just have sooooo many things I have to do that my memory box is overflowing trying to remember it all.

I

·
0 Posts
Is there a preferred mount for the PT-AE2000U? I've only been able to find a couple and the DH400 seems to be a nice mount but not sure of quality. I hope this question is in the right place!:innocent:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been reading the posts here and find your comments quite useful.

I'm looking at upgrading my Optima HD72 (720P) to a 1080P projector and had, admittedly, been looking at DLP projectors only since the last time I looked at LCD they did not impress me at all. That was about 5 years ago and I'm sure the technology has changed for the better.

I'm looking for someone with experience of both DLP and LCD to bring me up to date. The rainbow effect is not an issue for me, so please don't use that as a negative for DLP. The two major negatives for me when I first looked at LCDs were screen door effect and lack of contrast. Are these still issues? I currently project onto a 120" wide acoustically transparent screen in a totally light controlled room. My current choice is the Benq W5000, but I'm open to be convinced of others.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The AE3000 is just around the corner with improved levels, slightly higher lumens.

I spent a day with a AE2000 and pre production AE3000 last week, so they arent far off.

Oh Colour1 is the most accurate to the reference standards out of the box mode. Cim1,Cim2 and Cim3 are all designed by settings derrived from notable movie industry ppl, colorists etc. Those modes are a question of taste.

I

·
0 Posts
I actually meant ceiling mount but not dropping further then 2 inches or so from the ceiling.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That is close for sure. Not sure you'll find anything, but you might could fabricate one from a universal mount. Take the extension bar out and mount the part that connects to the projector to the ceiling section where the extension bar was removed from. You will probably have to drill some holes and do some rigging, but it should work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a chance of buying this projector..The guy says it was never used, still in original box,etc...The pics seem believable..My question is, does it harm a projector, to be a few years old and never used?..Is there anything I should worry about?..Going to look at it tomorrow (Sunday), so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts