Max Power: 310W
Voltage: 100V - 240V

First Ship: Pending

ProjectorCentral Review

HDTVTest Review of the PT-AT6000 - the European version

·
Registered
240 Posts
Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Owners and future owners' thread

I was looking for information/discussion/tips on the new PT-AE8000U (US) or PT-AT6000 (Europe). Here are some details from Panasonic's website:

PT-AE8000U / PT-AT6000E

The PT-AE8000U full-HD 3D home theater projector delivers 2,400 lumens of brightness and has an extremely high 500,000:1 contrast ratio for an outstanding video experience. It comes equipped with a new 220W Red Rich Lamp for increased red intensity which enables the projector to produce bright images as well as stunning color reproduction. The PT-AE8000U generates deeper blacks by incorporating Panasonics Pure Contrast Plates, which match the LCD panel characteristics, virtually eliminating light leakage. Users can customize their viewing experience with the new 3D Viewing Monitor and 3D Picture Balance features. The PT-AE8000U is also equipped with three HDMI input terminals, which support DeepColor and x.v. Color, and two 12V Triggers for home theater automation, such as lighting and a motorized screen.

More information and details here:

http://panasonic.net/avc/projector/products/ae8000/specifications.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm about to order a Projector and was planning to go with the JVC RS-45 but just noticed that the 8000u is now available at a good price....

Does anyone have any thoughts on which one I should go with?

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
How important is 3D to you?

If it's paramount and a must have, then you probably want to go with the panasonic. If it does't matter, I think the JVC probably has the upper hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
27dnast said:
How important is 3D to you?

If it's paramount and a must have, then you probably want to go with the panasonic. If it does't matter, I think the JVC probably has the upper hand.
Right, I went ahead and purchased a new JVC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like its predecessor, the ae7000, im assuming this also has the same lens memory so that you could do 2.35:1 content from without having to manually adjust correct?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
When using the lens memory system for 2.35:1 content (onto a 2.35:1 screen) would an Anamorphic Lens be required?
No, if you have the projector set up correctly you will use the internal "Masking" feature to black out the black bars that will be zoomed off the top and bottom of the screen.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Great, thanks Tony! This projector (or the 7000) will be at the top of my list after I move. I'm sure I'll be bugging you with more questions then :D

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I wish I had held off on my Pani 7000 a few months, if I had only done my homework and seen the Pani 8000 was soon to arrive........:crying: Well I'm sure by the time I'M ready to upgrade again the Pani 20,000 will be out :ponder::rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I am interested in hearing from users of the Panny 8000. The HDMI input board on my Sony VPL-HW15 is failing - HDMI 1 has sparklies on 1080i from my DirecTV DVR but displays 1080p perfectly. HDMI 2 is clean on 1080i but no HDMI handshake on 1080p. I have swapped cables, put in line HDMI amps, even direct connected the sources to the projector to eliminate my Denon AVR, and have come to the conclusion that the board is going bad.

I had a similar problem on a Sony VPL-HW10, but the whole board quit. I had an extended warranty on it and Sony replaced it with the VPL-HW15 since the HDMI board was not even available from Japan (waited 3 months for it).

Anyway, I am deciding whether to replace the Sony or wait until it fails. As of now the Panny 8000 is at the top of the list, but I would like to hear from owners that have had it for a few weeks. 3D is not that important to me right now, but I will get a 3D projector this time.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Owners and future owners' thread

I just placed an order for the PT-AE8000U from bhphotovideo.com. $2699 before the mail in rebate, best price I could find from an authorized dealer.
Pretty cool!!!

Let me double congratulate you on this deal. You purchased yourself a really nice projector and at the same time you did it for a terrific price!

Don't forget to post back your impression on this projector as soon you have it at home.

BTW - is this your first projector? It is for me and I'm totally happy with it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
681 Posts
Re: Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Owners and future owners' thread

Yep, this is my first. I've bought Panasonic displays exclusively in the past 13 years because they always seem to give me the most bang for my buck, so it didn't surprise me that I ended up with a Panasonic projector. I'm still building my dedicated room and wasn't planning on buying the projector so early, but I figured I wouldn't see a lower price any time soon. Once I get the sheetrock up I'll probably just end up projecting it on the painted wall for a while until I'm sure what size screen I want. I don't know what I'll do for a screen after that, I like the idea of a DIY screen, but I'm overly critical of things like that, so I worry about imperfections.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Yep, this is my first. I've bought Panasonic displays exclusively in the past 13 years because they always seem to give me the most bang for my buck, so it didn't surprise me that I ended up with a Panasonic projector. I'm still building my dedicated room and wasn't planning on buying the projector so early, but I figured I wouldn't see a lower price any time soon. Once I get the sheetrock up I'll probably just end up projecting it on the painted wall for a while until I'm sure what size screen I want. I don't know what I'll do for a screen after that, I like the idea of a DIY screen, but I'm overly critical of things like that, so I worry about imperfections.
Cool. Your plan on projecting first on a painted wall is exactly what I did. This simple gives you the opportunity on testing what is the best size (screen point of view) that you can fit in your room.

As soon my PJ was hooked to my gear, I projected several videos on the wall and then I used Scotch blue tape to simulate a screen. I tried different format ratios (16:9 vs 2.35:1) and I masked my wall on each different format. So, you can actually notice the differences between them.

Actually, when you have your "simulated" 2.35:1 screen on your wall, you should be able to try the lens memory zoom. It is really cool, but you will have to deal with the black bars on the sides (left/right) while projecting 16:9 format material.

Don't forget to post your initial impressions back here.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 214 Posts