Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i HAVE A PANASONIC BIG SCREEN PT53WX54J HAS A PICTURE PROBLEM .

My picture has letters red green and blue lines off center.:no:

IN NORMAL CONVERGANCE Vertical green line is wavy and wont go straght , horzontal line is straght and center on screen does not apear to ajust .
i can ajust the cross hatch 9 point screen fine but picture is still out of convergance just not as bad.:thud:

I did get into service mode where single cross hatch (full screen |+|)right side (box) vertical lines are bowed inward at center, at cross hatc h veterical line very botom and top all three lines bend to left (fan).
Dot convergance dots are not in straght linow o each other i can ajust one dot . with all three colors all other dots are off .:foottap:

There is soposed to be a "convergance trouble " forum but i cant find it.
service what do i need to fix and were to get:yay:
A reading: convergance kit and download a :reading:service manual:T

Any help very greatfull guy.:bigsmile:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Great post I have a Panasonic Pt53wX54J after reading your post i think it is a pin cusion problem as in normal convergance single crosshatch red vertical , blue vertical will not move far enough left to line up with green so green needs to come right .

in service mode vertical line is bent top and bottom |+| single cross hatch bow | at right dot patteerns not in stright line if line up one dot others go off Ie Try to center red in dot other red dots moce out of center.

What converence ics i need if ant what resistors if any , were to get service manual (only know how to get to service mode) .

how to aline multi crosshatch so all lines/ boxs are stright +++++++++++ Not ++++ ++ +

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Read and reread all 10 posts itis great info but i need a parts and were to get list .

First thimg a line on whats wron or what to check . i need to find link to service manual as so far no luck.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Look in the stickies in the DIY Repair forum where the convergence repair thread resides. There is a thread with links to service manual sites, as well as a parts ditributor thread where you can find Panasonic parts distributors like Encompass that sell the manuals.

Please keep your posts on your problem in one location, here. Also, you might want to use clear English and check your spelling if you want to be understood.

I would suggest checking the things suggested in the convergence repair thread. Check the power supplies to the ICs, the resistors, change the chips...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts