Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panasonic pt-53wx42f - I just replaced the -110 convergence amps with -180s and all works well except for horizontal red, it won't budge. I've searched for service manuals and schematics and spent hours here and a few other forums without success but think I see the problem, just would like some confirmation.

The middle one of three 2.2 ohm 2W MF resistors, #R7049 next to the front amp is brown and open. Can anyone confirm it's in the red convergence circuit or do I have other problems?

Thanks for all the info from an old newbie.
B

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Just replace it if you have an open resistor. It is almost certain that this is the problem. You won't get any correction in one direction on one color if you have an open resistor.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. And for the wealth of information here! I've had this thing dead for over a week and just wanted to get a head start if I needed to order more parts. Couldn't believe nobody had the amps locally but I just located the resistors a few miles away.
B

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
ONLY buy the ICs from one of the suggested vendors. Cheap or quickly available parts may not be original Sanyo chips.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the resistor didn't fix my red horizontal problem. I bought the amps from Electronix . com pretty cheaply ($10 ea.) well before I read through your FAQ.

I'm retired with bad knees and back problems and tired of squatting, kneeling, laying on the floor trying to make tiny solder joints at odd angles with shaky hands so got a recommendation from the electronics store I used to frequent and Budget TV is going to fix it tomorrow. $60 pickup & delivery plus $189 labor + parts isn't too bad. They do component level work, know about the -110 amp problem and said they could fix anything I screwed up so I feel pretty confident.

Regardless, it hurts realizing I'm not able to fix things myself anymore. Getting old sucks!:surrender:

Thanks,
B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts