Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I was checking out the TC-L55WT50 LED tv on Panasonic's website. It looks like it will be an impressive tv for 2012. I was wondering if anyone knows what LED tv's will be edge-lit and what ones will be full-array (if any will be?). I'm taking a guess that only their flagship model (which is the WT series) will be full-array? I may be totally wrong, that's the reason I'm here posting this to get an answer!

I would like to thank in advance to all those that can answer this question. I intend to buy a new tv this year (a 55" 1080p to replace my 42" 720p) so i can completely enjoy my blu-rays in full HD :bigsmile: Right now it seems the 3 models I'm currently looking into are: LG LM9600, Samsung ES8000 and finally this model (Panasonic WT50). I know the LG is full-arrayed and Ive read that Samsung's is edge-lit? Could someone also confirm this for me in regards to whether Samsung's is edge or full? I think that's pretty much the 3 models that I am currently looking into, although I would love to get my hands on LG's new 55" EM9600 OLED tv but I think the pricing will be around $8k, which is a bit high for my budget (unless a miracle allows me to win the big lottery and then I can be able to :spend: freely! :heehee:

Also would anyone know when those 3 models will be available in stores?

Once again thanks to all those that can help to answer all my questions! Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Jeremy

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
The Panasonic TC-L55WT50 is a local dimming edge lit display.

Panasonic's WT50 series has 10 zones of edge lit backlighting local dimming as one of the more advanced features from Panasonic LED Televisions.
Some 2012 LCD/LED sets that will have full array local dimming:

LG XXLM9600

Sony XXHX850

Sharp 945 Series and of course their Elite line

There are probably more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. :scratch:

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Ok it took a quick search but I found this link from David Katzmeier at CNET. It has a full list of the manufacturers, their displays for 2012 and their main features.

And you can disregard that Sony model. It's an edge lit set. :T

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the posts mechman! Greatly appreciated and I will definitely check out that link that you posted from CNET.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts