Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello the image shows red 1 half X 1 in red blinking pixel squares with small amount of green inside red on top of screen and bottom only. They are about 1.5 inchs apart 2 rows vert from left to right the center of screen is good . This is in all inputs except when u select cable then the squares turn blue and white . please help !
Could this be the Digital Board or Buffer Boards ? Or the panel ? Any Advice would be great thank you for reading this !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello thanks for Quick response i failed to mention that it shows up in menu also so your guess would be digi board ? i have seen other people with this prob but no solution. Any advice would be great thanks again.
And by the way i have been rebuiling all the Sony Grand wega light engines have rebuilt over 700 in 1.5 yrs been busy .

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The fact that it is in the menu tells you that it is downline from any input selection. I would be trying to identify where it is by tracing a uniform signal like a full field of one color through the processing path with a scope. It could be on the sus/buffer end or it could be on the digital board, but it is hard to say at this point. I would find a service manual for a start. Look in the stickies in the Service and Support areas and in the Vendor Listing for links to companies that sell manuals. Google searching often results in links for manuals as well. Some are free and some for a fee.

·
Registered
730 Posts
It could be in the logic board, or digital board, one of the sus boards. or almost anything. I have seen issues pop up from the the power supply putting out the wrong timeing. It's so hard to say what it could be. Have you check to see if you can find a good service manual?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello thanks to all who replied ! The tv is now up and running. After replacing the Sus And Buffer Boards still had red squares . So replaced the Digtal Board and wow it worked back to new again ! Awesome pic for 720p hdmi! Again Thank you All . Andby the way if anyone needs a Sony Grand Wega light engine rebuilt all models im the man as i have rebuilt over 700 of these with no Failure in 2.5 yrs ! THANKS AGAIN !

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Please explain about rebuilding the Sony light engines in a new thread in the Sony forum. If what you say is true, it would be significant information for many. What does a rebuild involve and where are you getting the parts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts