Monster Power: HTS 5100 Signature Series
Cabling:
HDMI Cable: BJC Series-2 HDMI Cables
Audio and Coax by Monster Cable THX

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi elmac ,I do not own Paradigms but I must compliment you on the very fine system you have there.And a lot of it is Canadian made eh!

I see you are in Rexdale,I am in Peterborough.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi elmac ,I do not own Paradigms but I must compliment you on the very fine system you have there.And a lot of it is Canadian made eh!

I see you are in Rexdale,I am in Peterborough.
Thank you F1
I just love Paradigm family sound

·
Registered
179 Posts
My very modest setup:

Paradigm Atoms for satellites and surrounds.
Paradigm CC-170 for center.
SVS 25-31 PC+ sub with BFD (replaced a PDR-10).
Driven by Yamaha receiver (5640 or something? It works that's all I care about. :))

Music fed by a Squeezebox.
Video fed by an old Toshiba DVD player connected to a Sony 50" LCD RPTV.

Mitch

·
Registered
539 Posts
Mitch, still a nice system. The Atoms are nice. I use Minis as my rear chanel and they're quite good speakers.

My center channel is probably the nicest speaker I own, paradigm CC-570, big beefy center, I am considering matching front but for now I have NHT front speakers, not a good match because they're acoustic suspension speakers. I'm caught between two worlds, paradigm and NHT. I love 'em both but Paradigm will probably win because I get them cheaper up here in Canada

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Atom's and Mini's are great speakers
Friend of my got a set of atoms about 2 years ago and he wouldn't trade them for anything (at this time) :)
Both speakers are great for small rooms and both perform well.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elmac it is one of my hopes to upgrade to a Paradigm Signature System, especially after hearing them locally.

I'd probably would go with S4, C3, ADP's (4), and a pair of Servo's

~Bob
Hello Bob,

You will find S4's Very responsive and C3 is one of the best center channels out there on the market.
People don't realize that in HT setup, center channel works 70% more than any other speaker. Having a great center channel Like C3 or C5 will really improve your experience of watching movies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I decided on the Paradigm Studio v.2 series after a long summer of speaker auditions five years ago. They simply had the sound that best matched with my preferences and music/movie sources. I bought my initial pair of Studio 40s in 2001, added the Studio CC center speaker in 2002, and the Studio 20 surrounds in 2003 (bought them right after Paradigm announced the Studio v.3 series) to complete the 5.1 setup.

I used some mismatched surround speakers as a temporary measure from the beginning, but timbre matching the speakers all the way around and getting them into the proper alignment (in particular with the surrounds by elevating them 1' above ear level and pointing them directly at one another) made for an astounding improvement in sound quality and overall imaging coherency.

From the beginning, I've used a Yamaha RX-V800 to power the system, and the virtual surround DSP options on that receiver worked very well when my setup only had two or four speakers. Those Paradigms are paired with an Adire Audio Rava (250W sealed sub built around Adire's 12" Shiva driver). The room itself is 13'x18' and the acoustics are pretty bad. But, with some homemade acoustic panels and the BFD, it all sounds pretty good.

Aside from some additional tweaks to the acoustics, I have no plans to upgrade the audio side of my system until more products supporting DD+, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD start appearing. Now that the Studio v.4 and Signature v.2 series are about to hit stores, I'll hopefully drop by my local dealer and get a listen to those new models.

View of the front setup. The center speaker sits on a 1" layer of seat cushion foam, both to dampen external resonances and to keep the speaker anchored to the top of the TV, which has a forward slope.

View of the surround speakers. Those speaker stands come from Sound Anchor, and the platform height is fully adjustable from 5" to 45". I opted for the Sound Anchors because they were the only adjustable speaker stand I found that could support the 28 lb. of the Studio 20 (they can actually support 100 lbs.). Most of the time, I keep the speakers at the tallest height, but sometimes with multichannel music I like to lower the surrounds by about 7" so that they are only slightly higher than the speakers up front.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Wow.. that is a seriously sweet system you've got there Elmac. I agree, I think Paradigm is one of the best brands out there. Especially for the price, it's dang hard to beat.. at least to my ears.:nerd:

Anyway, my system is as follows:
Front L/R -- Studio 60's v2
Front Center -- Studio CC v2
Surrounds -- ADP370's v2
Sub: PW2200
Receiver -- Denon 2802​

The room is horrible, the layout stinks (dang WAF), yet, they still sound good to me. Granted, they don't image for nothing, but I still like the sound. It does frustrate me that the space is so compromised when I think of what the sound could be. :duh:

JCD

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woochifer,
Your setup looks nice and clean.
Well done

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I've got paradigm's too...
studio 60's v2 front
Studio CC v2 Center
Studio/ADP - surround
Servo 15 - sub

I use a rotel 1056/1075 combo to drive it all, and I am very happy with the results.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got paradigm's too...
studio 60's v2 front
Studio CC v2 Center
Studio/ADP - surround
Servo 15 - sub

I use a rotel 1056/1075 combo to drive it all, and I am very happy with the results.
This is a great setup.
I had the same one with 1075 and 60s with cc about 3 years ago
Cool any pics?
:)

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I'll have to take some pictures -

I'm just getting the room back together after a small leak led to a small hole in the drywall which led to a larger hole, etc... the drywall is up and painted now, and one more evening of work on the battery sump pump and I should be back in business.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Front= Studio 60's v3
Center= CC470's v3
Sides= ADP470's v3
Backs=Studio 20's v3
subs= 2 Servo 15's v1

Yamaha RXV1600 runs the show.
Panny S77 DVD
BenQ PE7700 720p projector