Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Warp,

Thank you for your reply. Your response seems to validate what I was thinking and it would be very cost effective saving $2000 and putting it toward a second sub.

Thanks again.

Bob

·
Registered
910 Posts
Great review Dave. I have added the S6 & C5 to my short list. For my next upgrade will have to take a close look at them. At this price point I will want to hear for myself to see how good they actually are. If I was convinced to proceed I would probably go with the C5 centre channel (based on your comments). My SVS dual PB13 Ultras do the job so no need to replace. I would also go with ADP3 surrounds for timbre matching.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Satisfied with my setup to that point, I fired up Audyssey on my Onkyo Pre/Pro and proceeded to run an 8-point Audyssey calibration. Following Audyssey completing its process I set my crossovers at 80Hz across the board and set my LPF of LFE to 120Hz. At long last I was finished, and unfortunately, it was far too late at night to demo anything.
So even crossed over at 80hz, the OP believes the C5 seemed to outperform the C3. I assume the additional midrange drivers affect how the sound is perceived?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts