Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta love the tent sale PE puts on every year. I got there 10 minutes after it started and it was already packed, and I do mean PACKED with folks looking for deals. This was my 3rd year attending and as usual, found some fantastic deals that were just too good to pass up! As a result, I built a sub that will easily compete with many $900-$1000 commercial and ID subs in about 2.5 hours! And my total investment for EVERYTHING is UNDER $200! So now I have a second sub (I built another a couple years ago) to add to the system.

They had $250 drivers for $79! Cabinets for $25! Plate amps for $50! Carpet spikes for subs/speakers for under $3! Everything was picked over pretty quickly, and I am still kicking myself I didn't get another 12" driver to make a dual opposed sub, but no biggie really. Met a few folks there, one a first timer that I explained how it all works and he was quite grateful. Met another dude that knew what he wanted going in and he was pretty cool to talk to too. Was a fun 1.5 hours I spent there. Free food & pop too!

Funny thing is I went there just to 'look':rofl: I knew I'd get caught up in it all, but I did not overdo it this time like I did last year. They even had some brand new BIC 3 way speakers w/15" woofers that the boxes were beat up but the speaks were fine, for $30!!! Insane deals!

Did anyone from here go?

·
Banned
199 Posts
I live ~2 hours away (probably less). I am just finishing up my Statements (put 5 hours into them today). So next year I will try to make it. I need to find some people in the Kentuckiana area and see if they want to car pool up.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
I went.... spent about an hour and a half wandering through the tent sales...... walked by the Audio Sound Challenge. and spent maybe 3 hours over that the Speaker Design Competition. Springboro is about a 1.5 hr drive for me.

I wasn't really looking for anything either - I have enough projects started that are half done... Ended up getting some solid 120v fans (for rack) and an Dayton APA150 for $68. Might use it to power my pair of Anarchy tapped horns.

Some of the sales were excellent! I wish I was actually looking to buy stuff.

I thought that their selection of open box / random speakers was huuuuuge. I thought it was a little strange (OK, strange isn't the right word..) that many of them were single drivers (what do you do with 1 driver???) and hard to identify a number of drivers... but that's probably my lack of knowledge. I'm sure some of the shoppers have encyclopedic knowledge of various drivers! Maybe next year I'll buy some random cheap drivers and try to make something of them. I saw some cheapie full ranges for $1-$2!

They had a pretty good variety of subs and cabinets for sale...

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DUDE! Too bad we missed each other (or did we? ;) ) What time were you there? I was there from 8:10 to 9:35 give or take...

Had I thought about it, I have a use for one of those amps. I saw them but it didn't hit me what I would use one for till I read your post. Not sure why because it has NOTHING to do with anything you said beyond you got one.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
DUDE! Too bad we missed each other (or did we? ;) ) What time were you there? I was there from 8:10 to 9:35 give or take...

Had I thought about it, I have a use for one of those amps. I saw them but it didn't hit me what I would use one for till I read your post. Not sure why because it has NOTHING to do with anything you said beyond you got one.:rofl:
I was there probably around the same time.... as crowded as it was, that's easily possible that we bumped into eachother.. literally!

Anyone happen to know if the annual sale of 20% off also includes in stock warehouse items (rather than just showroom)? Thinking about going back next year and stocking up..

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes...20%off across the ENTIRE inventory.

I will likely go back next year "just to look" again.:rofl2::spend::bigsmile:

We should plan to meet there and sit down for a burger or hot dog and chat.:T

·
Registered
93 Posts
Are they in Dayton, OH? (doh, makes sense now why they have "Dayton" drivers!)

That is close enough for me to day-trip. Can you add any details like when is the sale, etc?

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tent sale is a special 1 day annual event. But they do have deals all year long to order.

www.partsexpress.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts