Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pioneer VSX-D209 A/V receiver, and I know how to hook most of it up for a 5.1 system,however the sub-woofer wiring is giving me a problem. I have a passive sub that needs to be hooked up to the snap connectors both on the sub and the receiver, I'm not sure if I should connect the front, rear, center or all of them to the sub. I paid a guy 40 bucks to hook it up for me about 5 years ago, and I've felt stupid ever since, but I took it apart a year ago and I've forgotten how it was done. Any help is appreciated, thanx.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would look at the sub inputs and outputs. My old passive sub had just L/R input and outputs. I have hooked up a Bose before that had L/R/C input and outputs. Can you post a picture of your subs connections?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pappy

I'm having a problem with my kodak software right now but I can tell you that this sub has a left and right pos. and neg. input ( to main speaker) and a left and right pos. and neg. output (from amplifier) these are the only snap connectors on it. Total connectors 8.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Design accoustics Div. of Audio Potentials Corp. Twinsburg Ohio. All it says is CLW subwoofer. there is a number on it (203-508-05091) may be a serial no.

·
Registered
152 Posts
you need 2 sets of speaker wires to connect L/R from the amplifier to Sub L/R input then connect another set of L/R speaker wires from Sub out to the Main speakers. The center channel will be connected directly from amplifier to speaker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi.

Didn't want a open new thread and choose ask here...

I have connected speakers and passive sub, like this one, but when i want listening music or movies louder, reciever showing overload and switched off... Why?

Reciever JVC RX-6040B
Speakers and sub - Magnat... serial number don't remember 5 +1 passive sub

Sub are connected to front speaker outputs

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Could be the sub has an impedance lower than what your receiver can handle, which is 8 ohms. How exactly do you have it connected?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Front speaker outputs are conected with subwoofer inputs (L+R), than front speakers are conected to subwoofer outputs. Rest of speakers are conected how they are able. Center and surround.

Cannot find any information about this surround system but only have this one on back of sub.

Magnat
Art.-Nr.145824
80/140W
4-8 Ohm
26 - 300 Hz

13N3006760

Front speakers also have inpendance 4-8 Ohms

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try a process of elimination. Disconnect all the speakers from the receiver, just leave the subwoofer connected and see if the receiver kicks out.
Allready did, but otherwises - have disconect sub, but leave all five speakers. Nothing happens, but don't like sound without low frequencies :)

But when i connect all together, kicks out receiver approx on volume meter 27...

Subwoofer alone don't kicks out receiver. I think he dont liked the chain wiring...

If receiver have sub-out, its means i have to use it... Are u agree?

I can try to adjust settings of speakers... maybe that helps...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts