Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bumping this thread since the topic is still accurate for me. Hoping to get a little help from a less condescending forum than some others I've asked in.

I just inherited a 15" passive, front firing sub with only one set of speaker level connections on the back. It was custom built from a kit, and I'm working on sourcing the components.

I have an Onkyo 709 receiver, which has 2nd zone capabilities, as well as an older Onkyo receiver with about 75 watts per channel.

So I can use the 2nd zone from the 709, which would seem to be the easiest option, but might tax the 709's power if I'm already running 7.1 with it.

Or I can run the LFE from the 709 to an input on Onkyo #2 and use that just to power the sub.

Looking for some pros / cons for each way.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok to start it off I bought 4 speakers two Bose speakers and two design acoustics speakers And a kenwood stereo receiver. Clw subwoofer came in with those as a package and I can't figure out how to get the subwoofer to work with the stereo system this is a picture of the subwoofer. I was hoping if anyone could tell me how i can get it to work

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts