Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hook up a passive subwoor (Jamo SW-500) to my Onkyo HT-R530 receiver. I am looking for the best possible way to hook it up and get deep bass. The specs of the Jamo are 150w RMS & 200w MAX 8ohm. My receiver puts out 110w per channel. If I run my (2) Front Speakers to the sub and then the sub to the receiver would the amp be getting 110w or 220w?? Would this be the best possible setup or should I buy a subwoofer amplifer?? Any Help would be great

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
As shown in the diagram, the left and right speaker outputs from your reciever connect to the left and right "Input Amplifier" on the Jamo.( Not sure why thet call it "Amplifier" since the sub is passive, non powered, and it has speaker wire connections.) Then the left and right outputs from the "Main Satellite" connect to the left and right front speakers that you have. Set the speaker size to "large" on your reciever and give it a try.

DSCF1556.JPG

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Link in above post fixed.

That unit would work. You would connect the LFE outout on your reciever to the left and right inputs on the M-282 with a Y adaptor. Then the speaker outputs from the M-282 would connect to the so called "Input Amplifier" on the sub. You would then have a dedicated sub for 5.1 decoding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts