Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Samsung CRT Projection set operates ok for 2-3 minutes after being unplugged for a while. After that the set shuts down on failsafe mode. I noticed that the convergance board with the high voltage transformer is a common board to ffail based upon a parts website that lists this board as a commonly purchased part. They have rebuilt boards for sale. AA95-01846D Sub Deflection Board.

Would it make sense to try to change this board since the rebuilt boards are relatively inexpensive? Any idea which component is most common to over heat on this board?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Maybe. Before replacing a board, however, it is a good idea to be sure that it is the source of the problem. It is impossible to know without doing some testing to isolate the problem. You can try it, but there are downsides to rebuilt boards...you could be getting someone else's intermittent problem that the rebuilder never isolated, some rebuilders do not test very thoroughly, parts have production changes and you may not get the right board with the right parts for your set, etc. Samsung, in particular, is known for within model production changes. I always repair rather than replace boards like this if the parts are available. My advice...if you don't know for sure that you have isolated the problem to this board, don't replace it. If you can't do the trouleshooting to be sure, you should leave it to a professional, if you can find one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts