Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
First post at HTS. I live in South Africa and have ordered 2 SI 18's for my first DIY Sub build. I would like to power them with a Peavey IPR but need confirmation that the amp can run off the 240V supply voltage we use. Buying locally costs 40% more than importing with Amazon but I can't seem to find any information that indicates that the IPR series are multi voltage capable. Of anyone knows I would appreciate some input. Thx in advance (I have also asked the same question on AVS)

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Peavey amps are set voltages. Although I have been told you could change a wire on the inside and it will work on 240. Would have to replace the fuse with half of what it came with. That being said I am not 100% sure if that works.

I will have to look back through my old emails to JD.(The designer)

And we are talking about the IPR or IPR2?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also read about the internal wire change and was hoping some one had done it successfully. IPR2 is what I am looking at. I have asked Peavey and they recommend I buy from local agent which is what I would have expected from them.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I am still searching in Europe to see if there is a dealer. Peavey isnt even here in OZ unless a special order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx didn't realize that you were from Oz and have the same challenges of shipping half way around the world that we have. I will also look for European suppliers.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I looked at buying an Inuke 6000 because of this dilemma. I can buy the Inuke 6000 for about 540aud delivered to my door. Not as powerful as the IPR2-7500 but at least I can find it and afford it. Will keep looking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can also get an Inuke 6000DSP for around $600 locally. The local IPR7500 DSP price is $1400US. Amazon UK does IPR's but at 1GBP equals 1 USD which blows the price out of the water for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts