Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question. I haven't been able to find the answer in my googling..

I'm considering picking up the Peavey IPR 3000 to power a pair of 18 inch Stereo integrity's and have been waffling on amps. I found the IPR 3000 (not the IPR2 series) for $350 brand new... is the 840 watts into 4ohm specs ACTUAL specs and not over inflated? if so it looks like it would be a contender for the EP4000/Inuke 3000 without the shrieking fan of the Behringers and Peavey's 5 year warranty. anyone had any info on the ACTUAL real world specs in comparison to the Behris?

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I will try and find the data but Peavey's amp lineup as proven to be a good representation of actually meeting rated specs. I know the IPR2 series have been praised by most and I have always heard good things when it comes to all the Peavey IPR series in general.

Will keep looking.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try and find the data but Peavey's amp lineup as proven to be a good representation of actually meeting rated specs. I know the IPR2 series have been praised by most and I have always heard good things when it comes to all the Peavey IPR series in general.

Will keep looking.
Thanks so much. If its accurate it would replace my need for the behringer and at a cheaper price

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I am pretty sure its is accurate. I know JD made a few changes on the amp before it came out to make sure the amp could deliver power at 10hz. I dont remember if the amp was -3 at 5hz or not. I think it was planned that way and the newer ones are. BUT I would put more money in believing the Peavey specs over a similar rated Berry. I remember someone measuring their voltage from their 3000 and it was putting out 1500watts in 2ohm. Might have been on another forum, which one I dont know.(AVS, DIY, PA Sound ect) I know the Class D amps had been getting a lot of talk before they ever came out. So those threads might be very long.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with them being so cheap I think I'll pick up 2 of them if I don't hear any negatives... put one on each channel for the two ported SI 18's I'm doing and leave the second amp for when I know I'll want to upgrade and build two more :D....

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
That sounds like a plan. If I dont get my new amp by Xmas I am going to get one of the IPR2 7500's instead.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds like a plan. If I dont get my new amp by Xmas I am going to get one of the IPR2 7500's instead.
Those 7500s are looking gorgeous. I was actually tempted to get one but I've only got a 20 amp circuit and I'd feel more comfortable putting that beast on a 30 amp

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Gotta love 240Vac. :D PLUS I think you would be fine on the 20amp 110vac, unless having a signwave sit down to test amps longevity. Most people I have heard that have them are running them on a 20amp in the USA.

My new amp wont even have a PS so for me I will need to have enough power at the wall other wise I wont see higher power. BUT thats for another thread.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotta love 240Vac. :D PLUS I think you would be fine on the 20amp 110vac, unless having a signwave sit down to test amps longevity. Most people I have heard that have them are running them on a 20amp in the USA.

My new amp wont even have a PS so for me I will need to have enough power at the wall other wise I wont see higher power. BUT thats for another thread.
Lol. Stop tempting me. And even worse is that i missed out on the $350 IPR 3000s. I woke up this morning to purchase but guitar center had sold the last of them :( so now the IPR 7500 is looking better and better

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Just buy the 7500 and then have room to grow with more subs added down the road:T. :D

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Well that sounds awesome.!! Time to get the ball rolling. :D

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well that sounds awesome.!! Time to get the ball rolling. :D
yup, already talking with my buddy about picking up the stuff to do 2 of the SI 18's and build a sealed bedroom sub out of a Dayton DVC 15 I got lying around... time to order the drivers tomorrow and get another gallon of duratex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts