Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a peavey ipr2 7500 to replace my ep2500, i did the fan mod on the behringer and it was very easy so I'd like to do the same with the peavey (I assume it'll be loud as well). I can't really find good info on the peavey however, all I really need are the specs for the fans so I can get the right ones....thanks rich

PS..I only need the specs for the large fans...it looks like everybody is just unhooking the small fan (aparently the amps don't get hot in hometheater applications)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Before you go change out the fan I would just run it through its paces first... You may find that Peavey integrated a better set of fans from the get go. No sense doing the work and voiding warranties and such if it's a non-issue. That's going to be a killer amp :T

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard they are as loud or louder than the behringer. I'm kinda excited I feel like my 18's with the behringer are a little under powered so I assume the peavey will take care of that!! I'm just planning ahead I'm fairly certain I'll be moding the fan so I'm starting my research and development process now....rich

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Somebody has to know what fans I can buy from parts express.....please

·
Registered
683 Posts
Have you pulled the old ones out yet? Also, is parts express the best place to find fans? I would pull out the old ones first and take a look at their specs to determine what you can replace with and acceptable quieter substitutes. Input voltage, amperage, etc. You want to make sure you are still getting similar CFM for airflow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts