Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm looking to replace my failed Peavey IPR 3000 DSP and the IPR2 series looks more like the Crest Prolite 2.0 stuff which means it might have better reliability. Does anyone have an IPR2 amp, namely the 3000, and can verify the heat sink size, if any? I may just order one to see for myself, the IPR3000 DSP was great but ultimately had a fan noise issue that Peavey confirmed was an anomally. Wouldbe nice if they put larger heat sinks in them so they are less reliant on fan cooling. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
The IPR 2 3000 series is the same as the Crest Pro Lite 3.0.I can not verify the heatsink for you. Sorry And from what others have said they run pretty cool most of the time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks! I have an email out to Peavey as well, will report back if they reply.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I have an email out to Peavey as well, will report back if they reply.
There's guys over on the AVS forum who are doing fan mods to the Peavy IPR 5000 and 7500s. Might check it out.

I know it was stated that there is a big difference between the innards of a 3000 and 5000 model. There was also some talk about heat sinks or lack thereof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts