Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, long time lurker here. I fancy the above driver in a 1.0 cubic feet box in a honda accord. Is this feasible? I don't have access to winISD at the moment. I'd like to think I'd get better SQ at lower cost compared with a JL 12w3v3 recommended by my local car audio outfit. Grateful for any input.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hi. I'm trying to load the driver's parameters into WinISD and having some PC problems. I'll try to re-boot, run WinISD and see what we get.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Hi guys, long time lurker here. I fancy the above driver in a 1.0 cubic feet box in a honda accord. Is this feasible? I don't have access to winISD at the moment. I'd like to think I'd get better SQ at lower cost compared with a JL 12w3v3 recommended by my local car audio outfit. Grateful for any input.
I started looking at models but what stood out is that the JL can handle 1000 watts. The Peerless can only handle 135. The JL models very well in a 1 Cuft box, with more extension in 2-3 Cu ft. The Peerless really is better in a vented box.

The difference is at 500 watts, the JL can play twice as loud as the peerless playing at it's max 135w.

Now, if you're more interested in SQ than SPL, sure you can make the Peerless work.

Do you have amplification in mind -- and is the box ported or sealed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much guys, :T I'm very grateful for your help. I don't need it to be very loud as I'll be pairing it with the stock setup. I just need it to sound very nice at lowish volumes. Would using two in 2cu ft box help output levels? It's low power requirement makes it cheaper to get matching sq amps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts