Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to these forums so a big Hi to all, I have 2 xls10 peerless drivers and also 2 xls10p and was wondering what you would think was the best way to utilise these, 1 box with all four units in or 2 boxes with 1 of each in, or lastly 1 box with 2 PRs and 1 xls10, I am pretty good at diy so the boxes are not a problem, having searched the forums and the net it appears that these drivers work well in small enclosures with the PRs 30ltrs seems to be the size.wll be using bk plate amps unless anyone can suggest a better alternative, they are easily sourced here in the uk.
Any sugestions or comments would be helpful.
Many thanks Lee.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Hi Lee and welcome! One XLS10 with one PR is a good combination will work well and is a recommended design.

http://www.vifa-scan-speak.com/link/main/tech/appxls2.htm

Note that the use of a subsonic filter at the tuning frequency, or slightly below, is necessary to prevent over excursion of the PR. You'll have to check that the BK plate amp has a SSF at the tuning frequency you choose.
Building 2 boxes will give you greater placement options to get the best sound from your system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like it will be 2 seperate subs for me to build then. looking at the bk electronics site they do a xls300/pr wich looks like i could copy without much trouble, but looking at the spec it has a 20hz-3db point was hoping for something a little better than this is this possible with these drive units without to much trouble.
Or would it be easier just to copy a proven design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts