Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so Ive been installing media setups for the big box stores for years but never had the time to get around to my own! Well this is my attempt at a start. Being that I'm in a apartment (top floor of 5 story vintage poured concrete walled hard wood laminated floors ... neighbor bigger than me) that I want to get as much theater feel that my budget and time would allow, that could and will be built upon and upgraded.
Im working on a large poster that will span the wall over the couch, its 98 inchs wide!
That said heres a look at my starter setup.:dontknow:
The monitor is 37 inch westinghouse 1080i
HTIB is a Samsung 1000 watt(so they say)
Insignia BLURAY
HTPC= 4tbs of bluray and dvd quality movies Multiple front ends, Boxee is the one of the month.
Viewsonic projector
Favi 103" electric screen

Its all low end but I had to start this way to get my wife on board , then Ill replace everything 1 by 1 with higher quality parts....like the ones i get to install in other peoples Home theaters!!:hissyfit:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Prof :I don't think i can move the sectional up any further its at optimal viewing right now at 12 ft from the display, even though I cant achieve the full width of my screen because of the short throw distance I'm getting :crying: All I would need is like another 2 feet to fill the screen. I was thinking about getting a short throw lens, but the lens would cost more than the projector! oh and heres a draft of the room I whipped up.:nerd: But yes the plan Is to slowly replace everything part by part without the wife noticing to much!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks spartanstew, I did the best with what I got (for now), oh and the cables, well the ones coming from the projector will be hidden by a large canvas poster Im designing, the one in back of the receiver-bluray-HTPC and Satellite and cable box were sorted out but i keep making part changes to the htpc so you know, I kept cutting zip ties until I had no more! Gotta get some Velcro ones and some loom. As for the screens remote/power line Im at a loss, due to theses walls being made from poured cement , wall fishing it is not an option:dontknow:

Hey prof, heres a full mockup of my pad so that you can get the feel of the space.....and I gotta figur a way to get the kicthen cabnits to stop rattling :hsd: when I watch a impactive movie

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah Prof, Im just very perticuler about decor, and at the same time I have to mind that its a traffic area( my wife likes to wheel her treadmill out there from the bedroom when Im at work!:nono: ) I like the look of a thick flotika rug but its not practical in that space.:scratch:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts