Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Samsung HCM5525W
TV still works great, and manual convergence works just fine to. But when I push the "Perfect Focus" Button it say's on the screen "Not Availible". Whats up with that?

It also say's "Not Availible" when I try to chance the aspect ratio, but then again it's working just fine. It does have the correct aspect ratio for the device it's using. But this is the first TV that I've played with that would'nt let me cycle through the different options.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread was moved to th eproper forum to maintain organization and to make information easier to find.

It is possible that your model did not come with the perfect focus enabled or that someone serviced it and did not initialize it properly. M guess would be the latter, but your question would require some specific research on this model. I suggest getting the service literature if you can find it. There are links to free and paid sites for manuals in the DIY Repair sticky and vendors that sell service manuals in the Sponsors/Vendors listing available at the top of all forum pages.

Some sets have limited or no aspect ratio options on HD sourcs. Try it with a 480i input and it will likely give you options.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put in new STK's and had to changed the coolant in the Blue gun. But this was a couple months back. After the new parts were put in, the "Perfect Focus" was still working as it should. Worked fine for many hours. Then one day I pushed the Perfect Focus button and it said "not availible", nothen else was changed. It's as if I exceeded the maximum amount of perfect focus uses.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Well, something changed. I would start by initializing it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts