Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...

So the director of a local theater company that I have done quite a bit of sound design stuff for, shows up at my studio and gives me this:

She said it was in appreciation of the work I've done for them and I'm not allowed to not accept them...

:unbelievable:

·
Registered
193 Posts
... sounds like the proper response is something along the lines of, "Thank you! .... and.. uh, I don't have any idea who you are or where that kit just came from!" :dontknow:

·
Registered
241 Posts
He's saying he's not allowed to decline the offer......oh, the moral dilemna :innocent:

Sometimes it's polite to decline a gift, sometimes it would be :coocoo:

·
Registered
192 Posts
You have my deepest sympathies... :R

If you're having trouble accepting them I don't mind lending a hand - in the spirit of the forum of course... ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have my deepest sympathies... :R

If you're having trouble accepting them I don't mind lending a hand - in the spirit of the forum of course... ;)
lol

I felt like it was too extravagant a gift but she pretty much said she's not leaving with them... So I graciously and humbly accepted...

She said if the work I had done wasn't already enough to warrant the mics, the expression on my face and speechlessness were totally worth it to her

:T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts