Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

Larry of Three Stooges fame once looked into the camera after kissing a pretty girl and said, "This is great. And I get paid for it!" This about sums up my feelings and thoughts about being in CE.

In the past I have been a RSM, NSM, and NAM of some well known custom installation brands. I love high-end audio, automation, and home theater. I'm lucky enough that I can make my passions my profession. Full disclaimer: I am currently the principal of a manufacturer's representative agency based in So Cal representing various groovy stuff in CA, AZ and NV.

What brought me to this board was a minidsp suggestion after the recent acquisition of a minidsp 2x4 HD to use as an active sub/satellite crossover with bass correction. Our rep demo Status Acoustics Voce Fina granite enclosure bookshelf speakers, with a -3db down point at 50 Hz, have good in-room bass to about 40Hz. However, I'd like to see what this can do with another bottom octave.

As the Rep for a company involved with these speakers I have been suggesting there is a market for the sub/stand despite the inevitable weight of the enclosures. We shall see. I am currently dialing in the minidsp to mate the speakers to a couple of demo reference subs as the first step before building granite sub enclosures to double as stands. Hope to have the project completed by CEDIA 2017 and will have a lot of fun in the process.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Sounds like fun... glad you decided to join!

If you use Facebook or Twitter, click on the supplied links and follow us! It's a great way to find out about new equipment reviews, news, and HTS forum announcements. We also feature lots of other content.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts