Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of using an Oppo BluRay player as a preamp/processor, I now am using a Nuforce AVP-18 processor that only accepts HDMI inputs, which is fine as all of my sources are digital. I have read that REW now will allow signals to be generated through a HDMI cable and I am anxious to use REW to measure my home theater system and then use those measurements to adjust the AVP-18 equalizer.

My question is that whenever the HDMI cable is used, people have also used a USB microphone (at least from the posts that I have read). Is there a way that I can use my existing ECM8000 microphone with a Tascam US-122MKII for phantom power and also use the HDMI out to generate signals?

Thanks.
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply Wayne. I am going to try it tonight. A USB mic seems like a cleaner approach but since I have an ECM8000 mic and a TASCAM already, it seems like a waste to buy a new mic if I can make it work with what I have.

Thanks.
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Audio cRaver for confirming. That will give me the confidence to keep going if it doesn't work right away.

Thanks.
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts