Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after some changes to equipment and the room - furniture etc. I am trying to get back to getting some measurements in my dedicated HT. My first graph is sub alone (no eq & no mains) and then sub with BFD with two filters -3db @ 26.3Hz Q=10.5 and +8db @ 63Hz Q=10 the third one is when I turn the mains on which are crossed over @ 80Hz and my sub phase is 0. My question is this, should I try changing the phase on my sub to smooth out my results with sub+mains? My sub is adjustable in increments of 10 from 0-180. Or do I need to try changing my x-over point for my mains? Or both?

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try the RTA feature you recommended to RonS1958 a few posts back and get back to you. So you think just the 3db cut filter is good?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'm using AVR to do bass management with x-over set to 80Hz and x-over on sub off/LFE. I'm starting to think maybe I should try full band on the mains. That's what Audessey had it set to - my main towers have two 8" subs in each of them - but I manually changed it to 80Hz before running REW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
But, if your filter comes from a sub with an integrated EQ in the amp, then the the -3dB filter would be fine.
brucek
Only EQ this sub has are the depth, punch and flat settings. The filter I am applying is via BFD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts