Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
My question is this
The first thing I'd do is remove the filter at 63Hz. Even disregarding that it's a gain filter (not a great idea), you're getting a bit close to the crossover to be adding a filter before you test the crossover area with the mains included.

I would certainly alter the phase of the sub to try and get a smoother response. It wouldn't be a good idea to change crossover frequencies to a frequency lower than the present 80Hz, as you would be encroaching on the sub even more with the mains. The sub alone is quite good. It's the mix with the mains that is causing trouble.

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
So you think just the 3db cut filter is good?
Well, a lot of people would die for that raw subwoofer plot.

So, if someone asked if they should add a BFD based on that plot, I would likely say no until you at least see what the sub/mains mix looks like.

But, if your filter comes from a sub with an integrated EQ in the amp, then the the -3dB filter would be fine.

Your sub + mains mix definitely needs work though. You may have to attempt some movement of the sub or mains or both. Sometimes, even a small move can help a lot. The dips are the concern. The peaks are easily EQ'd.

brucek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts