Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Philips 60pp9202. It worked for a years and a half and then quit mysteriously. I did some research and found they had convergence IC problems. So I bought a TV repair kit from someplace online ( I don't think I'm allowed to say where in this thread ). It had two IC's and 12 resistors. I changed them and nothing. I did further research online and found the H.O.T is a common problem. I bought one and changed it and it fired up with the new IC's in it! But it had a convergence problem, triple colors and bowed at the top & bottom. So I thought maybe the new IC's were aftermarket junk or the wrong part and took them out, I figured the HOT was the problem all along. I put back in the old IC's. I turned it on and it came on, snow with a bowed bottom and a black rectangle in the middle. Ten or 15 seconds later it turned off, the red power light flashed 9 times, and done. OH NO! So I put the new IC's back in, same deal. I took the IC's out completely, same deal, turns off after about 10 seconds of snow with the black rectangle. I put a meter on the 12 resistors I changed, and they seem to all have the same reading, so I figure they're probably not what's broke. It feels like I was so close to fixing it, and I only used the TV for a year and a half, help would be greatly appreciated. What's the next step to diagnose? Thanks, mbpscableguy1

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread has been moved to the Philips sub-forum in Service and Support to maintain forum organization.

The first thing that you need to understand is that not all symptoms have the same solution. You are making assumptions about your problem based on others' experience and not troubleshooting to discover the nature of YOUR problem. Your problem may not have a simple sypmtom-repair solution.

Read the first ten posts of the convergence repair thread
http://www.hometheatershack.com/for.../5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html
very carefully. Note that it suggests that you check the convergence supplies to the ICs as well as testing the resistors while you have the chips out and the connections to the convergence yokes disconnected. There are reliable suppliers recommended.

There is nothing wrong with stating the supplier that you used. Facts are facts. Just realize that the probability is just as high that you missed something as that you got bad parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts