Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im hoping someone can give me some guidance on my TV, it will not turn on. The symptoms are the led on the power button will illuminate when turned on and will make a beeping noise, but I dont have any picture or sound.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There are many things that can cause such a symptom. These sets are not easy DIY projects. Look for someone experienced on these sets in your area and get an estimate, or you will have to provide much more detailed troubleshooting information for anyone to do more than make a wild guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent done any trouble shooting other replacing the fuse which was the wrong one and blown. I have also heard the power supply as a issue.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
How did the wrong fuse get into the set?

Power supplies are always a possibility when a set has problems. Checking it is one of the first things you do when troubleshooting.

I suggest you get a service manual before trying to do anything. If you don't have knowledge of TV repair, however, these sets are often not trivial repairs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DIY family members, put them in there. I also have a copy of the manual from online, any suggestions on where I should be starting? I am not familiar with these types of manuals.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Step by step troubleshooting is beyond the scope of the forum. We try to provide general information and a few trivial symptom-repair relationships. Generally, one starts with observation of what is working and what is not, and makes measurements of the basic parameters like power supply voltages. Again, without some TV repair background, these sets can be difficult and are often not likely a good DIY project, aside from something like a convergence repair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I tried replacing the power board and it is the same issue. I read somewhere that the beeping is a sign of the circuit pulling to much current, but none of the fuses have blown. I did forget to connect the power input to the large sig pnl, and the beeping had stopped. I am currently trying to go through the schematics nice and slow, and reading the convergence thread again for some ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts