Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a philips rear projection model no. 60pp935217. When turn on the red power light stays on for about 5 sec I can hear the high voltage come on but no sound or picture then shuts down I did replace the ic convergence chips about 2 years ago and that fixed the convergence problem. What should be the frist thing to check on this set any help would be great. I do have a good repair back ground just thought maybe some one has been here before and could point me in the wright place thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Detail in troubleshooting is really beyond the scope of the forum. Generally, I would be making observations about what areas are running and not. Check filaments, high voltage, deflection, make power supply checks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you recently replaced the convergence amps? also known as the SDKs.
Check the resistors in that circuit. If any of these resistors (6.8 ohm) open, the high voltage shut down circuit will detect no sweep and shut down the set.
On the SSM board(left most board), close to the front of the set, you will find a bunch of (blue,gray,gold,gold) resistors. if you find any mis-colored suspect them.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts