Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See the thread started by Cap'n preshoot titled Mitsubishi WS55819 Shutdown for a story of how a problem was resolved. Note that the initial servicer was the hangup. Service contracts and warranties are only as good as the weakest link in the system. One should get to know those responsible for doing the service to be confident that problems will be handled efficiently.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Phillips Priority Service has been behind us all they way, though as of last Friday the 25th I've yet to receive their settlement check which they claim was mailed on the 16th.

Phillips also had no problem putting us together directly with their wholesale fulfillment company, Tweeter Direct in Atlanta. Direct negotiations between myself and Tweeter Direct have been very rewarding with a final deal on a new Mits WD-65732 being negotiated for 25% under msrp.

I feel like Phillips did a good job for us, tho we're still waiting for the check. Unfortunately Phillips has raised their price to $599 + tax for equivalent coverage on my replacement unit so it's unlikely I'll be using them again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some additional...

Phillips Priority Service is one of the ServiceNet brands. Tweeter stores )depending on location) are offering the ServiceNet plan or their own in-house plan, both at the same price, $599. There's a lot of fat in that price and I'm currently trying to find out if it's available for less than "MSRP"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts