Marantz SR5200 Receiver
KEF KHT 2001
SVS PB10-1SD
HTM-MX500 Remote

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:yes: Well Sonnie funny you should ask, a slightly different direction - I've just bought a Musical Fidelity KW500 integrated amp, this will cover my 2 channel needs. I was spoilt when I demoed my B&W speakers, the dealer used the MF NuVista (KW500 is the replacement) and I was in HiFi nirvana listening to PF in his demo room all day. Consequently I've always strived to replicate this sound. But with a British CD player, amp, speakers and band you can only expect perfection!:laugh:
I've found myself listening to music, and the kids have taken over the movie program.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/newsletter/152/musical_fidelity.html

Guess I need to figure out how to drive my remaining 3 channels.
As the KW500 is integrated this will free up my LineStage preamp also.
The Anthem P5 is a great amp, very dynamic, detailed, transparent and heavy (140lb). At the time I looked at the Cinenova but couldn't find a dealer to let me have one for a demo, both amps are similar in concept but differ in design.
I now have one week to explain to my wife why UPS are here again with two boxes!:dontknow:
I'll keep my Rotel 1098, it does a fine job with multi-channel, DD and DTS - a couple of weeks ago I tried the D1 at home, its a great unit but collapsed the 2 channel soundstage when compared with my tubed linestage. The D2 has very advanced video processing, which I don't need so don't need to pay the premium for it. I find the sound of tubed/solid-state euipment gives me the sound I like - depth, dynamics, soundstage, detail and musical, the Butler amps also look interesting - could be a 3 channel solution?

http://www.butleraudio.com/

Will I ever be satisfied - well if the KW500 doesn't fix my 2 channel needs then I need to conclude it's my ears!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Well congrats! We will be expecting a review of course.

lol... I have all my UPS shipments delivered to the office. Then I only have to sneak them in the HT room once I get home. :shhh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts