Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good site to purchase these? I was thinking about parting a new phonograph together, and I was thinking of the price vs. quality ratio, and if it's even worth it as opposed to just buying a Sony one for like $60 bucks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
For everything and anything to do with vinyl playback www.needledoctor.com is the place to check. Form $80 to $80,0000 they have it.

There really is no cut and dried answer concerning TT's. An $80 Sony USB TT may be all you want or need. If you have a substantial investment in LP's a higher priced and higher quality TT may be necessary. Unlike didital playback devices TT quality and sound improves greatly as you move up the chain. The difference between a $100 TT and a $1000 TT are dramatic compared to the same price spread with digital gear.
Give vinyl a shot with an $80 TT. You may like it enough to upgrade to a better one. Even if you don't at least you'll be able to transfer vinyl to a digital format. Personally I prefer the sound of vinyl.

·
Registered
68 Posts
musicdirect is another good vendor for TT equipment. Plus check hifi audio stores in your area.

I bought a Rega P5 with an Exact cartridge, and I'm mighty pleased with it. Total cost was something in the neighborhood of $1600, as I recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts