Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a fixed frame 106" and was browsing around online and saw a Silver Ticket 106" for $235. It claims to be easy to install and it looks similar to other fixed frames I've seen online. Does anyone else know about this brand (Silver Ticket)? I couldn't find much about them and didn't see any thing on this forum posted about if they were good or not.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Have you checked out Jamestown screens? You can get a 110" for $219 and he will do custom too. The only problem is the wait time to get it. I have a 134" screen from them and I really like it.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I also looked into budget screens for my HT, and Jamestown is what I decided on. I have not ordered it yet, but they have pretty good reviews aside from the long wait to get it and some say that they have to re-stretch after some time. I'm OK with that personally to save some cash. I'm actually pretty happy with the painted sheet of drywall that I currently use: $9

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
I also looked into budget screens for my HT, and Jamestown is what I decided on. I have not ordered it yet, but they have pretty good reviews aside from the long wait to get it and some say that they have to re-stretch after some time. I'm OK with that personally to save some cash. I'm actually pretty happy with the painted sheet of drywall that I currently use: $9
I've had mine up for 2 years now... No restretching needed so far. :T I plan on keeping it till I go to a 150" AT screen. You can't beat paint for the money!

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've never heard of Jamestown but I'll look them up for my next screen! A few years ago I bought a Sony pj and a 73" Mitsy DLP. The DLP had 3B but my Sony pj didnt' so I needed a motorized screen to go up and down when needed. A year later I've sold the MItsy, sold the Sony PJ and bought the Sony HW30 which has 3D. I also needed a custom length to ensure it would drop down low enough. I went with Da-Lite from The Final Click. It cost close to $800 but it works great (106" screen). Now that I don't have the DLP I could get a larger screen and mount it to the wall. I figured it'd be very expensive so I haven't explored it but now I'll check out Jamestown!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice! I was a little impatient so I didn't really want to wait for a Jamestown screen, and since I have amazon prime I get fast, free shipping if I order there. So I did some more looking on silver ticket and ended up finding a video that showed how to put it together. I got ordered it and got it yesterday and it was easy to put together and looks great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have been thinking of getting a fixed screen also.

I started off with a cheap pull down screen but it was very wavy.

I currently have a painted drywall screen, but the drywall is not all that smooth. From 10 feet away it looks fine, any closer and I can see issues.

I too am looking to spend around $200 or so, may check out the silver ticket.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I installed my 106 inch silver ticket screen today, installation was very easy. The screen looks great, no wrinkles. The only issue would be that there are probably 10 or more little black dots, the size of an ink pen tip scattered throughout the screen. When I wiped them they smeared. I was able to wipe the smear away but the dots remain, but lighter. Haven't tried soap or anything. They don't bother me as from 4 or more feat away you can't see them.

It looks much much better than my painted wall.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just an FYI about Silver Ticket screens customer service.

I emailed them late last night regarding the dots on the screen. They emailed me back this morning.....on a sunday! They had me try a few things to get the specks off of the screen and it did not work. I emailed them back and they are sending out a new screen. I would say that is great service!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still happy with the Silver Ticket screen? I've been eyeing a 115" grey screen of theirs.
Did you end up getting the Silver Ticket grey screen? I have a co-worker that got a white screen from them, but curious how the performance on the grey is. What projector are you running?

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Sorry, just saw this.

Still happy with it although I am getting an AT screen soon.
Which AT screen are you going with?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Which AT screen are you going with?
Thinking of the elite screens as they are pretty cheap and a few of the guns in the JTR thread have them and really like them. They are around $500 for a 120inch screen.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Did you end up getting the Silver Ticket grey screen? I have a co-worker that got a white screen from them, but curious how the performance on the grey is. What projector are you running?
Not yet. Been asking them for samples since December. Expecting some any day now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts