Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm trying to calibrate using pink noise, but I noticed that the noise in the right channel has some "tick" that you can ear from the twetter and it's not present on the left channel.

I've switched left to right and the "tick" is gone to the right, so I suspect the problem isn't releated to the loudspeakers but to the program.

Can you help me?

Best regards,
R

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
Welcome to the Shack!

I have heard that tick before when playing around, but I do not know what it is or how to get rid of it. Hopefully JohnM will see this thread and chime in.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have the same problem. It occurs in my sub measurements also. Somtimes so low that it pressurizes the room but I don't hear it. If the door pressurizes, I remeasure.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I've switched left to right and the "tick" is gone to the right
Use a Y-splitter from the channel that doesn't have the noise, into left and right of the receiver.

so I suspect the problem isn't releated to the loudspeakers but to the program.
If the signal is interrupted, there can be a little tick. The more challenged the PC you're using, the worse it can be. Also be sure that all other programs are stopped - specifically any wireless connection.

brucek

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Changing the replay buffer size (in the Soundcard settings) may also help, try larger and smaller settings.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I get the same thing sometimes. It sounds like a clip or something in the signal. If you are messing with your subwoofers at loud volumes it can be concerning. I've had it happen during pink noise, sweeps, steady sine waves, you name it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried today but the noise in the noise is disappeared. Maybe it was a mac problem. In fact now I'm trying to let the Samson CO1U USB work with REQ ...
Thank you for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts