Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought & installed the unit in my truck. Before the update I could connect to Android Auto,I have a Samsung Galaxy s6. Now I cannot,nothing has changed except the update. Also,sometimes,when I start the truck the Pioneer will not start until 30 secs. to a minute later. Another guy on another forum stated that he was an Engineer & he fixed it by adding a diode to the power wire & ignition wire. He didn't tell how he added it nor leave a diagram. Anyone have a fix for either of my problems for this expensive unit! Thanks!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Best place to find info on your specific phone and compatibility issues is over on the Android Auto forum here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-auto/

Best to confirm but there are recent updates to the S6 that cause incompatibility issues. Also check to make sure the firmware in the Pioneer head unit is up to date and current. You can check that on Pioneers support site.

Unfortunately I have no idea what could be causing the slow startup. If it persists and the unit is under warranty log a call with Pioneer. It sounds like an issue with the unit itself. Could hardly believe a diode would do anything to rectify (pun intended) your problem.

I recently installed the AVIC 4200 in my Yukon and have been happy with it. Android Auto has worked with my S5 but I have to say the lack of applications is a downfall and while I used it quite a bit at first, I find that I like to go back to Pandora for music streaming and just use the regular BT connection for phone calls. I have been really impressed with the upgrade in sound quality in my truck even using the stock amplifiers, speakers and sub. Huge improvement over the stock factory head unit.

JD

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The recent update from Pioneer is what messed my unit up. I was logging onto Android Auto without any problems with my s6 before the update. The Galaxy phones are one of the most popular & sold phones on the market. There shouldn't be any compatibility problems with that line! Pioneer's QA is lacking big time. The startup problem is well know for the 8100 line. I've read other people complaining & looking for fixes. You spend all this money thinking you're buying quality when you're really buying more problems!! I sent Pioneer an e-mail yesterday I'll report back as soon as I hear from them! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Looks like Pioneer is responsible to me. If they don't fix it quickly, I'd return the unit & look elsewhere. Since the problem is well know, it looks like they aren't going to have a fix for who knows how long.

The startup problem is well know for the 8100 line."]
I would research the next best product & vet it thoroughly before buying it. Don't see any mention of integrating with anything Samsung. Apple is everywhere...getting a new I-phone might be the best way to go. That is my recommendation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found out the turn on problem exist on the 4100 also! One person said once he bought a new battery the problem stopped & another said the installer put a relay between the Ignition & Acc. & that did the trick. I haven't heard back from Pioneer so hopefully today they will email me with a fix. I'm almost due for a battery so I may get the Optima(Yellow) & cross my fingers! It's definitely Pioneer fault! Why would they put a firmware update out knowing it will stop a Galaxy 6 phone from connecting to Android Auto & have a bug in the startup system of their Flagship Unit! It's Crazy that we have to find a fix for a brand new $1400 unit!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts