Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I've got a 64" Pioneer 730HDI RPTV, thats about 4 years old....The picture is absolutely pristine, except that there is a light yellowish brown area dead center of the screen....I've cleaned the optics, inspected the coolant and the crt screens themselves,and cleaned and inspected the fresnal and outer screen, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary....The spot is roughly the size of an orange and sort of oval in shape....When inspecting the screen up close, it seems that the spot is where the 3 crt's converge in the center of the screen....It almost looks like some type of burned area, but its not a burn-in from a static image or anything like that.....Its really only visible when viewing black & white( example watching "ghost hunters" while using the night vision camera's) material or on bluish and greyish or white backgrounds depending on the shade, and it fades somewhat depending on the programming being displayed....Any suggestions on what this could be or what to try to resolve it???...................Thanks!!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I have not seen this in a while, but on earlier Pioneer sets I found a tendency to gather a fine dust or residue of some type between the screens. I was told by Pioneer that it was dust from the screens rubbing together that collects in spots due to static electricity. I had a Pro95 that did it and I saw in on a number of sets. I was not aware that it was occurring on newer products.

I would clean between the screens VERY CAREFULLY. It is very hard to keep dust and lint from finding its way between them if you take it apart. Also, you have to get the screens back together in the same orientation as they come apart. It does make a difference if you get them reversed or upside down.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I'll give that a try and get back with the results!!!!...Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts