Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Got a Pioneer PDP-507XD, 50" plasma screen which stopped working on me. It turns on but will turn off and the main light will flash twice repeatedly.

I've surfed the net and there are references that the power supply board is faulty.
I can surf the net with the part numbers on the power board, also wondering if it's worth spending money fixing the unit or should I sell for spares.

Does anyone know if replacing the board would fix the problem?
I managed to get a hold of the service manual off the net and it recommends not to replace the power board, if it's faulty and a full TV replacement is needed!
Has anyone replaced the power board on the 50x range and can confirm this worked for them.
cheers.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is no way to know for sure without more testing. Check the output of the power supply and see if it is good or bad. If you cannot handle this level of testing, I suggest you not try reparing your set. You could end up wasting much time and money. Get a service manual and verify the meaning of the 2x diagnostic code and see if there are any caveats mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks lcaillo, the testing is going above my knowledge so will leave it. I called Pioneer customer service and they will refer my problem to one of their service agents! Still wondering if it worth repairing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts