Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I consider to be a unique set of circumstances that are really complicating my amplifier selection process. Here are my variables:

1. 2 Channel sound quality is top priority.

2. Ideal budget new or used of $500-$700

3. I have a Blu-ray player, but I could go either way with regards to HDMI/TrueHD capability, your input on it's performance virtues are welcomed.

4. I must be able to run my sub when using "Direct/Bypass Stereo" modes

5. Don't care about video processing

6. My listening room has extensive acoutic treatment (12 bass traps, first reflection treatment etc...)

7. B&W CDM1 bookshelf speakers and center, Infinity dipole rears. 3500 cu ft listening room

8. I use my computer as my media server, so no need for "networking capable" AVR

So far, my top pick is the Denon 2310ci. I auditioned it against comparable Pioneer and Yamaha.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
4. I must be able to run my sub when using "Direct/Bypass Stereo" modes
There is not a receiver that allows the LEF to be used in Direct/Bypass mode as they turn off all internal processing and that includes the sub out. In order to use the LEF sub out you need to use "Stereo" mode wich is not a pure mode.
That said Onkyo does a really good job of this and sound fantastic. Have a look at this one, I would not hesitate buying it as it is by far the top of the line for receivers.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I'd have to ask for a little clarification. Do you need LFE, or just the sub?

I set my Denon 3805 to PURE DIRECT and the sub still works. The LFE channel would be a whole other matter though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts