Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my theater room project is winding down (the construction part anyway), I wanted to start a thread to gather ideas and tips for holding a get together. At some point in the future, I would like to do something like this at my house, but I have little experience with what it would take to do a successful one.

So, let me know your thoughts! If you have had one, what did you do that worked and what would you not do again? Do you suggest doing a small scale one first? If you have never been to one, what would you like to see happen at one? Size limits, time limits, etc.

I would be interested in thoughts on GTGs for:

Subs
Speakers
DIY building techniques

If there is anything else you may have done or been to, I would like to hear about that as well.

Let the discussion begin!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Home meets are really up to the host. I have held dozens over the years. Everything from one or two guys to a full house of 20+. You may wish to start small to see how it goes. Your option on providing food and drinks or not. Normally they start around lunch time and go around 5 hours but I have had open ended meets that lasted until amost midnight. Best to set specifics up front on what you expect. Like most party's large groups break into smaller groups; guys actually watching or listening, guys eating and guys just talking. Typically groups in your home theater or listening area and guys in the kitchen or wherever the food is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts