Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something different. Drivers are CSS SDX10's. Mix of PVC and MDF. The PVC is 14" SCH80 which is over 3/4" thick. Strange things happen when you cut pipe lengthwise, making this more custom than anticipated. Front baffle is 1-1/2" thick and rear is 1". There's rib braces in there too. Got a Crest CA6 amp and a NHT X2 crossover.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Sorry, no build pics.

I guess my inspiration is my speakers, at least they came from the same twisted brain, but they won't allow me to post pictures until after 5th post. There is a pic over on Canuck Audio Mart in the DIY section under "Plastic speakers".

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice build :D
Building outside a BOX:wave::yes:

Build pictures would be good to see the process you did to achieve the final result, again well done..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again.

RAW I know of in particular and appreciated. Wet coast guy myself. Never did get to your shop but have a friend that was impressed. Met Bob when I picked up the SDX10's and John Chapman when I (we) built the TVC. Really cool guys. As far as the build pics, I'm just a noob off the beaten path, exploring as I go. Don't want to lead anybody off a cliff. GF might have some R-rated audio of the progress. Told her, "It will be fun when it's done".

At nearly 80 lbs each (PVC this size is heavy), I needed to get a handle on it, so to speak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts