Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Samsung home theater HT-F4500 and I wanted to play my iPod through those speakers while playing on my Wii U. There is a USB port in the front that I already tried plugging my iPod into, the iPod asks me: "do u want to trust this computer," but even if I say yes the sound still comes out of my iPod only. First of all is this even possible and if it is what do I need or what do I need to do to get it to work?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Your HT-F4500 manual says that it does accept MP3 Players. It also mentions restrictions for certain mp3 types/files.
It doesn't have specific instructions for MP3 Player use, just instructions on choosing Flash Drive and Flash Memory. Maybe the HT-F4500 sees the IPod as a Flash Drive or Flash Memory and you just need to follow those directions.

Besides the USB input, the IPod headphone jack could be plugged into the HT-F4500 rear audio input RCA jacks ("AUX IN").

·
Registered
29 Posts
A standard USB input usually expects the music files and folders to be defined in a certain way.

Ipods, being Apple, store their music files in a totally different way so unless your device is built to understand the Apple folder structure you'll have to just use an inferior mp3 input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts