Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did complete measurements in my setup today. the Rew file can be downloaded at the following box link:

Rew File Download from Box

I have added some of the main graphs below.

I have included pictures of my room as well. my room is 35 ft long, 15 ft wide and 10 ft celings with 1 ft dropdown.
The screen is set up in the width of the room. So the distance from the couch to the screen/speakers is approximately 14 feet.

As you will see from the measurements I have severe bass ringing. also the ETC measurements show many points of reflection.

Due to room constraints I cannot change the location of the speakers/screen. I also have a pair of SVS SB-12 subs. I was thinking about trying those out to see if they would produce better Bass.

Any advice would be great. I also wanted advise on which room correction hardware/software would help me the most.
options I have considered so far are:
a) Minidsp 2x4HD
b) DDRC-88A + 88BM software addon.

My Setup:
I have the following 5.2 set up:
Front 3: Ascend Sierra 2
Back 2: monoprice in wall speakers, In the ceiling directly above the sitting location.
Subs: SVS PC-12 x 2, flank the couch ( the main sitting area) one on the left and one on the right.
Amp: Denon X3100

system is 100% for movies/tv and some bass heavy music videos

Room Pic:my room is 35 ft long, 15 ft wide and 10 ft celings with 1 ft dropdown.
The screen is set up in the width of the room. So the distance from the couch to the screen/speakers is approximately 14 feet.

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
Your ringing probably isn’t as bad as you think it is. Part of the problem is your graph peaking well above 100 dB. That only serves to make a waterfall look really bad, as explained here.

Ringing in the lowest bass frequencies is pretty common. About the only way to address ringing that low is with lots and lots of really large bass traps. A different sub won’t help, unless it simple has less extension (which is really no fix at all, as you will be able to tell from the post linked).

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts