Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, got two rooms to treat. One is a large L shaped room, 2.5m high 7,6 x 4.7m longest distances and mainly to be used for Video editing, Sound editing and voice overs.

The second room is the Video recording studio. Pictures to follow soon. The General design and layout has been started. Most gear ordered and some received. This includes studio lights, microphones, backgrounds, USB interface, DAW and preamp. REW installed and the MiniDSP UMIK-1 ordered and on its way. Still to be ordered are the Studio Monitors, Big LCD monitor and a few other things.

I do have a well equipped workshop (and not enough time) so can do all metal and woodwork. Planning on making my own traps and QRD diffuser panels. So any side and quantity is ok for me to make.

I would appreciate any and all insight and advice on placement of especially the Edit room speakers and general layout. As soon as I made up my mind on the Size and type of monitors, I will be able to run some REW tests and post them up.

Thanks for stopping by.
Rgrds

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
The L room is going to be a bit of a challenge as it breaks one of the design rules in that 1 dimension is over 2.5x another. In fact, it's over 3x. Can it be broken into multiple spaces?

Bryan

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Along the bottom where it says ceiling height =2.5m, how far is it from the end wall to that wall that bumps out to form the L?

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Great. If you can wall that off to 4x4.7, that would still be plenty big and much more symmetric. The room you're walling off can be a machine room, storage, etc.

Bryan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe in that case, I must consider to swap the function of the two rooms around, it may be easier and less expensive to do, no wall to build then. Other room is 2.75m high by 3.5m x 4.5m.

Rgrds

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Up to you but the other room is asymmetric. I was just trying to improve symmetry here and improve the room ratios. Not going to be any better for the other function without the wall.

Bryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts